We rely on the generosity of our community to support the many services we provide our families.
Your cash donations are greatly needed and appreciated! For example,
- $35 will pay for one child to attend Social Skills class and for their family to enjoy four hours of respite.
- $50 will purchase an educational DVD that we can share with our parents.
- $100 will allow us to get a gift card to raffle.
- $150 will sponsor a child to attend our annual bike camp.
- $200 will help pay experienced child care workers for our children during special events.
- $250 will allow us to bring in a professional to work with our parents at one of our monthly meetings.
- $500 will very nearly cover the cost for our t-shirts for bike camp.
- $1,250 will pay for half of our Social Skills group for the year.
Donations are tax deductible. The IRS has confirmed the tax deductibility of donations to the Rockdale County Autism Support Group, Inc. RCASG is a 501(c)3 public charity.
Via US Mail: P.O. Box 381, Conyers, GA 30012
Via Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways you can help:
- Volunteer! We need folks to do everything from help with kid’s activities to staff resource fairs to help set up for special events. Go here to get more information and complete a Volunteer Form.
- Are you a professional who provides a resource or services for autistic children? Consider coming to talk about what you provide at a support group meeting.
- We always need certified special education teachers and parapros to assist with kid’s activities.
- Is there some other way you’d like to help? Let us know here:
We have an extensive Wish List for our monthly programs and summer bike camp:
- Food and drinks for support group meetings and special events
- Snacks, juice boxes (clear liquids) and water for meetings
- Arts and crafts supplies for children’s activities
- Office supplies – printer paper, postage stamps, gift cards for Office Depot to purchase ink, pocket folders, “Hello” name tags, markers, totes, business cards, etc.
- Printing services: we need brochures made about RCASG and autism that our group can take to resource fairs to give to parents who need support and information
- Commercial grade popcorn machine to make snacks for the children we care for at our monthly support meetings
- Meals for parents during their hour of respite at our family meetings each month
- Bouncy Castle for our children’s events
For iCan Shine Bike Camp:
Name Tags (Hello, My Name Is)
Large first-aid kit
Plastic and styrofoam cups
Lots of bottled water!
Cooler(s) with ice
Sponsors for lunch each day (to feed 35 volunteers and staff)
Breakfast morning volunteers and staff – fruit, bagels, biscuits, juice, muffins, donuts, etc.
Individual snacks for campers (chips, cookies, crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars, etc.)
- Trophies and medals for riders
- Gift cards to thank the volunteers
- Tokens of encouragement for the campers – small treats, toys, games, hats, tote bags, etc. We give them something each day!
- Hotel rooms for the iCan Shine Bike Camp staff (2 staff x 2 rooms x 1 week)
Finally, as we do not have our own facility, we rely on the generosity of other organizations in the community and are always are looking for spaces that we can hold special events and activities for families and children impacted by autism. If you are an organization who would like to become involved in this way, please contact us!